3 Days Mount meru
DAY 1 | ARUSHA TO MERIAKAMBA HUT
We drive from Arusha to Momela Gate. After a short registration at the Gate our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe , monkeys, antelope, and often elephants along the route.
Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
Elevation (m): (1,387 m to (1,500 m)
Elevation(ft): 4,921 ft) to 3,000 ft )
Distance: 10 km
Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
Habitat: Montane Forest.
DAY 2 | MERIAKAMBA TO SADDLE HUT
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb.
The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone.
After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
Dinner and overnight at Saddle Hut
Elevation (m): 2,514 m to 3,570 m
Elevation(ft): 8,250 ft to 11,712 ft
Distance: 8 km
Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
Habitat: Forest and Moorland.
DAY 3 | SADDLE HUT TO SUMMIT DAY
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) on time for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridge line between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater.
We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to Arusha town.
Elevation(m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
Elevation(ft): 14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
Distance: 5 km up 13 km down
Hiking Time: 12 – 14 hours
Habitat: Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
Mount Kilimanjaro Routes
Package Includes and Excludes
- Meals while trekking Kilimanjaro (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Transport to park gate from Hotel and back to the Hotel
- Airport transfer (pick up and drop off at the airport)
- Professional, Friendly and experienced English speaking guides
- Porters, Professional Mountain cook/chef
- All parks entrance fees, Hut/Camping fees, rescue fees and government tax (VAT 18%)
- Accommodation (one night before and after trek)
- Camping Equipment’s (Tents, Table, Chairs, Mattress)
- Salaries for Guide, cook and Porters
- Private toilet (Option to clients)
- Oxygen cylinder for emergency
- Tips to the crew (Guides, cook and porters)
- International Air tickets
- Personal Insurance
- Climbing Gears
- Tanzania Visa
- Sleeping Bag
- Personal items for nature such as Alcohol and beverage drinks
ASK OUR EXPERT
Need to talk to an Africa safari expert?
Connect with us directly for all your Tanzania safari questions.